Why work for us? Look at what you get to put on your resume or college application after a season with us: What to put on your resume after working for Wizards & Warriors Camp.
Guard Up, Inc.’s Wizards & Warriors Summer Camps is a unique fantasy adventure camp for kids ages 7 and up located on a 50 acre campus in Reading MA. Guard Up is seeking a registered nurse or LPN to oversee the general health and safety of all campers and staff. Duties include administering camper’s prescription medications, assessing and treating minor illnesses and injuries, maintaining health logs, and providing orientation and guidance to camp staff in regards to illness and injury prevention.
The Camp Nurse must be available for one day on the week of June 28th for an orientation & consultation with our Health Care Consultant. Session runs from Sunday, July 5th – Saturday, August 8th. Salary is $3,200 D.O.E for five weeks (note that other staff must work 6 weeks); room and all meals are also included. Overnight residency is required for 6 out of 7 days (7th day is optional). Nurse gets one day off each week and is provided telephone support by our camp’s Health Care Consultant (Licensed Physician Assistant). To apply, paste cover letter into body of form here: Summer Camp Nurse Job Opening
1) 6 days a week for 6 weeks: up to $2750 plus room/board
2) Can use own HD camera or ours (Panasonic HC-V700M). Must have own computer, high quality editing software and royalty free music for editing to bring to camp.
3) Training Week: Shoot each day and edit after dinner. Should produce an edited short each evening. Also edit on CPR certification day. Objective is to produce a Training Video for documentation/training purposes.
4) During Camp: Each day shoot a short video (3-5 mins) for Youtube that covers the day’s activities and/or testimonials.
5) High physical endurance a must – at times, you will be on your feet and moving for up to 8 hours a day. Then editing after dinner.
6) Must reside on site except for day off
7) Comfortable interviewing campers and parents – outgoing and kind personality who knows how to get shy kids and parents to talk for the camera.
8 ) Must have online portfolio of work for viewing as part of resume – include link with resume. Online portfolio MUST contain sample work of live footage (instead of just staged/scripted footage).
9) CORI SORI criminal background check must be clean as well as min of 3 strong business references
10) Must have experience working with kids
Gig runs from Sunday, June 28 – Sunday, August 9. Pay is up to $2570 for season (depending on experience and equipment) plus room and board. This is an overnight position with onsite residency required. To be hired as a contractor, you must have liability insurance.
Note: All applications must have a cover letter detailing why you wish to work for our company and each of the skill sets required. Paste cover letter into body of form here: Digital Film Maker
Reports to: Camp Director – Overnight
Salary Range: $2500 – $3000 / season (6 weeks plus meetings and prep)
Onsite Availability: Sunday, June 28 – Sunday, August 9 in addition to Health Department Inspection. Also must be available for regular telephone or video meetings during pre-season prep. Must be at least 20 years of age. This is an overnight position with onsite residency required.
To further the mission of Wizards & Warriors Camps through the development and management of program operations with direction from the Overnight Camp Director.
1. Assist Overnight Camp Director in delivering and evaluating camp program that meet the needs and interests of campers and ensure our unique camp structure is delivered in a safe and quality manner.
2. Maintain camp financial health by complying to given budgets for supplies and staff and ensuring camper retention.
3. Follow company human resource management practices to supervise seasonal staff.
4. Manage property development and maintenance needs to ensure stewardship of current resources and identification of future needs.
5. Oversee the daily operation of the summer resident camp including food service, program, business, camper and staff supervision, and health care.
Previous Experience Necessary:
• Substantial experience working with children and teens
• Ability to manage and motivate staff
• Strong organizational skills as well as computer literacy
• Prep work required as early as April
• Experience working with vendors and account management
• Strong interpersonal skills with parents and local inhabitants
• Ability to manage numerous schedules
To apply, please fill out form here: Summer Camp Assistant Director Job Opening
Are you / Do you:
If you responded “yes” to each of the above, then you should consider applying to staff at our camp!
Our camp counselors receive one of the highest pay rates in the industry. We provide training, costumes (although you can bring your own!), props, make up, and foam weapons.
In return, our expectations are high. We require you to be responsible, flexible, and reliable. You must fully embrace and adhere to the concept that this camp is for the campers, which means that all of our staff are having the most amount of fun when our campers are having tons of fun. As such, the roles you play and the positions you hold are always in service of the entertainment value. We all have favorite characters we enjoy playing, but what is more important is if the campers like the characters (or at least like fighting them).
We only invite back staff who meet our high level of performance. It is an exhausting, demanding job that requires both physical and mental endurance. But you will have the time of your life and we can guarantee that you will never be bored!
All camp staff are required to have previous experience working with kids and teens and be at least 18 years of age. Acting experience is not necessary, but does help. We’re interested in mature decision makers – counselors and performers who like to take part in a creative, improvisational environment – but always with safety foremost in their mind. You must be exceptionally reliable and a good communicator. Punctuality is necessary as the nature of these activities requires precision timing. Professionalism is mandatory.
Please note that Wizards & Warriors Camp is owned and run by parents. Our own children attend these camps. Safety is our highest concern. We expect that it will be yours as well.
References required. Must be available: Sunday, June 28 – Sunday, August 9.
Summer Camp Overnight Counselor positions pay is $2000-$2500 (depending on experience and schedule) for 6 weeks plus room and board (includes paid training). This is an overnight position with onsite residency required.
Summer Camp Day/Quest Counselor positions pay is up to $2000 (depending on experience and schedule) for 6 weeks plus lunch (includes paid training).
Summer Day/Quest Camp hours are 9am-4pm (or as early as 7am and as late as 6pm) for up to 6 weeks and counselors do not reside at the camp. Residential/Overnight Summer Camp is 6 weeks with one or two days off each week and counselors are required to reside at the camp (except for their day off).
All staff, performers, and volunteers must submit to a CORI and SORI Background Check, intensive screening, and reference check.
The best candidates are…
No experience in swordsmanship is necessary. We will train you!
Camp Counselor roles include:
We also have summer camp jobs for the following staff positions:
Note: Entertainers need only be available for one day each week.
Before filling out this form: We are certainly interested in your previous experience with theater arts, roleplaying and other skills… but the most important skill of all is your ability to work with children and teens. Please make sure to include a full history of your experience working with kids including children with special needs or work history with summer camp jobs, mentor programs, teaching, etc.
Note: All applications must have a cover letter detailing why you wish to work for our company and each of the skill sets required. Paste cover letter into body of form here: Summer Camp Counselor Job Opening